Pages

Sunday 20 July 2014

Gear List

A list of tried and trusted gear that I currently use.

Tents
MSR Hubba HP
Hilleberg Niak
Terra Nova Voyager 2.2
Vango Tornado 200

Sleeping
Cocoon Air Core Travel Pillow Ultralight
Exped SynMat UL Lite (M) sleeping mat
Exped DownMat UL 7 (M) sleeping mat
Rab Mythic 200 sleeping bag
Rab Mythic 400 sleeping bag
Rab Mythic 600 sleeping bag
Rab Neutrino 800 sleeping bag
Cocoon microfibre mummy bag liner
Alpkit Akun sleeping bag liner

Backpacks
Osprey Talon 44
Osprey Talon 55
Osprey Kestrel 58
Osprey Aether 70

Mapping
Ordnance Survey Explorer 1:25000
Viewranger phone app

Hydration
Sawyer Squeeze filter
Platypus Hoser 2 litre reservoir
Hario Mini Mill hand coffee grinder
Wacaco Nanopresso (with Barista kit)
Life Venture thermal mug
Hydrapak SpeedCup

Stove
MSR Windburner

Food
Real Turmat, Bla Band, Be-Well expedition.

Clothing
Lorpen T3 lightweight hiker socks
Montane Dart base-layer boxers
Montane Dart base-layer t-shirt
Salomon Panorama mid-layer fleece
Montane Atomic waterproof jacket
Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer down jacket
Montane Nitro down jacket
Craghoppers Kiwi Pro stretch trousers
Berghaus waterproof overtrousers
Rab Argon down trousers
Rab Powerstretch gloves
Trekmates Classic Dry gloves
Montane Yukon beanie
Mountain Equipment neck gaiter
Oakley sunglasses (various)
Rab Latok Alpine Gaiters
Scarpa Terra GTX boots

Lighting
Alpkit Muon headtorch
Petzl Actik Core 600 headtorch
Alpkit Prism 550 headtorch
Streamlight ProTac (750 lumen) torch
Black Diamond Moji lantern

Winter Gear
Grivel Munro ice axe
Yaktrax ice grips

Misc
Lifesystems survival shelter (bothy bag)
Multimat folding sit mat
Victorinox Rally pocket knife
EasyAcc 10,000mAh power bank
Anker 20,000mAh power bank
EasyAcc 20,000mAh power bank
EasyAcc 26,000mAh power bank
Anker Soundcore speaker
Handy Heroes microfibre clip towel
Mountain Warehouse towel
Sea to summit pocket trowel
First aid kit (mixture of items)
Alpkit Clippers (mini carabiners)
Exped drybags
Karrimor drybags

Camera Gear
Canon EOS M6 mk2 camera
Canon EF-M 18-150mm, EF-M 22mm and EF 100mm Macro lens
DJI Mavic Mini drone
Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Tripod
Lowerpro camera bag

Bothy Gear
Exped Sim 2.5 sleeping mat
Victorinox Camper pocket knife
Bahco Laplander folding saw
Silky Bigboy 2000 folding saw
Fiskars X7 chopping axe
Fiskars X10 chopping axe

Bushcraft Gear
DD Hammocks 3x3m Tarp
DD Hammocks Scout
DD Hammocks Underblanket
DD Hammocks Tree huggers
Black Diamond Neutrino snapgate carabiners
TBS 750ml titanium cooking pot

Packraft Gear
Nortik Trekraft with deck
Nortik Allround 4-piece 240cm Fibreglass Paddle
Yak Blaze PFD/life vest
Ortlieb drybags

3 comments:

  1. Looks pretty much like my list up until 2yrs or so ago. Some good kit and some heavy kit. That tent looks bombproof and to be expected by Force Ten but too heavy for my tastes. I had a Macpac Minaret that, although a tunnel, weighed about the same. When on one trip to the Lakes carrying about 18kg I decided enough was enough with the great weight of kit on my back the Macpac was the first thing to go, along with the 3kg Deuter pack I was using. Got myself a MLD Trailstar and a Granite Gear Blaze which reduced my Base Weight by over 3kg. I dont intend on going UL but reducing my weight is a slow (mainly due to the expense) and ongoing process. I'm betting it'll be the same for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree it isn't light but it is dependable, most of the lighter tents seem to be inner pitch first which I don't like. I do like a bit of luxury up on the fells and the Ion 2 is perfect, plenty of space for all of my stuff and for me to relax. I have been looking at the Trailstar though..

      Delete
    2. Just to illustrate the amazing variety of gear available to us .... I have only 2 of those items in my bulging gear cupboard. The sawyer filter & some exped bags :-)

      Delete